Thursday, April 21, 2011

Banksy "Bombs" Hollywood...

If you haven’t heard of Banksy, you must be still under the rock where I was hiding earlier this year. Some believe that Banksy was self-promoting his work when there was an explosion of new pieces on the walls of Hollywood (where a documentary about him, called Exit Through the Gift Shop was being considered as Oscar nominee for best documentary in February).

Banksy found in Hollywood, CA


(pulled from google.com)

Sadly, I knew nothing about this artist (who has never revealed his identity) until someone generously related my style of art to his. Since then I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT HIM and pray I run into one of his masterpieces every time I take a trip to L.A.

Although I have come across many art pieces that are similar to his style, the lack of witty humor or controversial content ensures me I’m probably just looking at an artist who, like me, is a fan of his work.

Created by Jessie James (07.07.2010)



My artwork looks like an amateur attempt next to one of Bansky’s pieces but I can't help but recognize the similarity in the concepts.

I could continue for hours about how amazing each one of his street artworks are, but instead I’ll end with one last note..


I'm in LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with Bansky art… enough said.


No comments:

Post a Comment


ox,
Jess James