Monday, November 28, 2011

STYLE ADVICE OF THE WEEK: Your Boyfriend's Button-Up


Every week I’m tempted to reach into my boyfriend’s collection of work shirts and snag one to wear over a pair of leggings to school. This Fashionista went a smarter route and invested in one of her own.  I always admire a girl who can take a masculine piece of clothing and pull it off. She didn’t leave a button undone and rolled up the oversized sleeves, which gave her a cool, urban feel. Her worn mustard flats, which are clearly one of her favorites, along with her choppy hair and retro glasses brought this otherwise simple look to the next level. Her gauges and tattooed foot also made it clear that her unique look was here to stay.
A trend I can’t get over is distressed jean button-ups. Worn or bleached they never fail to stop me in my tracks. While grabbing a jean shirt from a thrift store and dousing it with bleach is an option, if you are impatient like most, you can pick one up at your local Urban Outfitters.


To read the rest of the article and get links on how to achieve this look, check out my column at CollegeFashionista.


2 comments:


ox,
Jess James