Wednesday, January 18, 2012

GUEST BLOGGER: (Style Advice) Winter Florals

Michele Drago of DownTown Elite gives us her two cents on feminine florals and helpful tips how to rock them this Spring. 



 When Fashionistas think of winter, I’m sure the last thing on their mind is the feminine floral prints worn in warmer seasons. Winter weather is so bittersweet because while you get to finally pull out the furs and jackets that have been hiding in the back of your closet since summer, it’s much harder to show off your true style hidden by bulky outerwear and chunky knit accessories. While I know I can’t even wait to pull out my spring must haves, I never thought of possibly pairing them with an early spring style.


Just when I imagined outwear was here to stay, I spotted this Fashionista. The cool colors in her ensemble reminded me of the warm weather yet still stayed within its season by adding in the fur coat. My favorite part of this style is how she equally balanced winter and spring. The bright orange bag and the sunshine yellow jeans say spring while the fur and deep blue sheer top say winter. Her look is eye catching while still season appropriate. Any Fashionista that can pull off the combination of two opposite seasons knows their stuff.



When your winter wardrobe is getting old and you’re looking for a revamp, try finding ways to add in your favorite bright pieces and prints. Urban Outfitters has the most amazing selection of colored denim that can be added for a dramatic effect to this specific style.  This Fashionista specifically chose yellow, but various pinks or light blues can work perfectly as well. Printed tunics and camis can also recreate her sunny weather style.


I'm so proud of my first guest blogger and love her style advice on florals. For more amazing posts by Michele Drago check out her website, Downtown Elite.


Also, check back next week Tuesday to meet our second Guest Blogger and on Wednesday to see what they share. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment


ox,
Jess James